I could turn this one but it is my favorite....
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I could turn this one but it is my favorite....
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
I would love to win a cookbook and coffee! Two of my favorites!
Please enter me, thanks!
Thank you so much to everyone who stopped by to enter! It was so much fun!!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
- A Starbuck's gift card -$10
- A Southern Living cookbook
There will be 2 winners picked from the random generator on April 25th!
* sorry only open to US residents... Thanks!
*Also, please be sure I can get a hold of you if you win!!! ;)
Monday, April 7, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Back:Detail:I wouldn't say it is perfect but it's pretty good! :)
Friday, March 28, 2008
1. I am the youngest of 6.
2. My closest sibling, a brother, is 13 years older- my oldest sibling, a sister, 23 years older.
3. My Dad was 72 when my son was born.
4. I was a flight attendant for 10 years.
5. I loved it!
6. I said I'd never date a pilot- then I married one.
7. I have a niece 3 months younger than me.
8. I played percussion in Middle School and High School.
9. I was in the Drumline for Marching Band.
10. I was in 4-H.
11. I love to travel.
12. I use to Model at the local mall for Maurices, The Buckle, Express and Dayton's.
13. I am glad I decided modeling wasn't for me- I like food too much :)
14. I've always hated my toes- they curl...
15. I scooped ice cream in High School- yum!
16. I am a crier. Even for Hallmark commercials:)
17. I love Netflix- what a great invention.
18. I tend to procrastinate- or rather, I do better under pressure:)
19. I love summer in the midwest.
20. Alias and Veronica Mars are my all time favorite t.v. shows
21. I use to love red but now my favorite colors are pink and green.
22. Bright colors inspire me
24. This is harder than I thought :)
25. I always wanted to be a crafty mom.
26. I hope I am.
27. I hate to exercise but love my new exercise class (BOSU Boot Camp of all things!)
29. I miss my Southern friends.
30. I miss sweet tea
31. I am sick of the snow
32. and the cold
33. I believe in good manners...
34. I am glad my birthday isn't on April Fools day!
I can see why some of you don't like meme's. It is hard not to over think it! :)
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I personally like the bright colors. It screams "SPRING" to me.... And boy do we need spring- it is supoose to snow again tonight! :(
I found the basket at a thrift store for 25 cents- isn't it cute?
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
I have learned that just because I find my life boring others may not....
I've learned that you can have friends even if you've never seen them before or them you...
I've learned that crafters and artists are some of the most generous people I have ever met....
I've learned you don't have to be perfect to be a crafter and that it's more fun if you aren't...
I've learned that even if I don't think I am talented- someone does (we all have our strengths and weaknesses)
I've learned we shouldn't ever compare ourselves with others....
I've learned that when you blog you take a chance, put yourself "out there" but the rewards are tenfold.....
I wanted to tell you about a charity that my team at Southern Living at HOME supports:
Childrens Hopechest in Colorado Springs.While they do mostly Russian (and some African) orphanages -we have specialized in working thru their ministry centers - where we contribute to working with orphanage graduate girls - ages 16 - 21 - to try to give them education, places to live and counseling - and hope - etc.
In June we have a Silent Auction at our Convention. The money goes to the work to help these girls - 80% of whom usually end up in prostitution without the help of the ministry centers.
I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in contributing to this Silent Auction. My Director and her husband have gone on a few of these Missions are very passionate about this. I would need the contributions by the first week in May. Thank you...
I made a new quilt for my son's teacher. She just had a baby boy on the 5th. It is batting sandwiched in between 2 pieces of flannel and then I added a fringe. I like how it turned out and it will be extra warm!
And I have been slowly working on my "Funky" Quilt. I figure slow and steady wins the race-- right?
As for my sibling weekend. Our drive down to Indianapolis was slow going. It took 12 hours rather than 9 and we saw 22 cars in the ditch (within 10 miles!).
Then, to add to that my sister (the oldest) left her purse at a McDonalds. We had left and driven 25 miles before she realized it and that added an hour! Luckily, her purse was still there with everything in it!
The weekend was relaxing. We didn't have to think about any meals. My sister-in-law graciously took care of all that for us. We had tacos and enchiladas, breakfast buffet, one meal out and steak and lobster our last night. Our first night there we all attempted to play "Guitar Hero". That was interesting to say the least! I happily could score as high as my brothers (it wasn't too high:) but my sisters struggled. There was one major disagreement which I think got blown out of proportion because it happened after we all went wine tasting. But all is forgiven now.
I think we plan on trying to do this every or every other year. I think it will keep us grounded and remind us how lucky we are to have all six of us!(hint: I am the youngest)
I especially enjoyed this weekend because NEVER in my whole life have I gone on a trip with all my brothers and sisters. I was born 13 years after the youngest before me and they were all born within 10 years. My Dad was in the Navy when they were growing up so they moved around a lot. I lived in the same town during the majority of my childhood. I always say I was an only child with siblings :)
Friday, March 7, 2008
Friday, February 29, 2008
I promise I will go into more details soon. Unfortunately, I have the stomach flu today. So my goal today is to not pass it on to M2 and E. I'll be back soon...